Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.) programme was introduced by the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5 with the objectives of training and meeting man power requirements for junior management position. On the same pattern we are offering the programme at your doorstep. The total numbers of seats in B.C.A. courses is 40, distributed as under. Subsidized candidates: 30 Seats, NRI/NRI sponsor candidates/foreign candidates/self finance: 10 Seats.
a) The duration of BCA course shall be three years split over six semesters.
b) Final Examination Schedule: There shall be an examination at the end of each semester in the month of April and October on the dates to be notified by the Controller of Examination HP University Shimla-5.
c) Basis of Admission: The admission is based on marks obtain in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2.
d) The syllabus of studies in each course/paper shall be as prescribed by the HP University Shimla-5. The medium of examination shall be as under
• Question of examination shall be set in English. The candidate shall write answers in English only.
• The total marks in each paper will be 100 consisting of 70 marks for theory and 30 marks for internal assessment.
Candidate who have passed 10+2 examination from H.P. Board/CBSE/ICSE or any other examination considered equivalent to 10+2 by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5 with 40% Marks (35% marks for SC/ST Category) shall be eligible. The candidates having Maths at 10+2 level will be given preference. Maximum age limit for admission to BCA course is 21 years for general category and 24 years for SC/ST category and 23 years for girls candidates, as on 1st July, 2020. The Vice-Chancellor may permit age relaxation up to maximum of three months.
The admission to BCA course will be made on the basis of merit of qualifying i.e. 10+2 examination. As per H.P. University rule 75% seats will be filled out of the candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from the school situated in Himachal Pradesh irrespective of Board. Remaining 25% seats will be filled on all India basis. Other reservation rules of H.P. University shall be applicable.
A candidate should have passed at least 50% papers of 1st year i.e. 1st semester and 2 nd semester to get admission to 3rd semester and 50% papers of 2nd year i.e. 3rd semester and 4 th semester to get admission to 5th semester of 3rd year. A candidate obtain pass marks in any course shall not be required to reappear in that course again. However, the candidate shall be required to complete his BCA degree within a maximum period of five years.